In 1923, The Casona of 23 and B was built by architect Leonardo Morales y Pedroso. It is called The Casona, for a matter of organizational culture, to call it only one way, since throughout its history it has received different names, but the most entrenched has been that. The Casona measures 50 m, 20 cm in front by 50 m deep, which makes a total area of 2510m2.
The first registration of the Casona is made on May 20, 1925 and is described as a house with 2 brick and roof floors. The ground floor consisted of a large ballroom, 2 bedrooms with their bathrooms, Studio, 3 maids quarters and bathrooms, children's dining room and portals. The upper floor had a hall, 11 rooms, 5 bathrooms, 3 maids quarters with bathrooms, 4 high rooms. It had a basement in which was the kitchen, the servants' dining room and the pantry.
The Casona was built for Mrs. Elvira Cil y Macías (wife of Don Federico Juan Sánchez Junco, plantation owner and sugar mills, who dies before the Casona was built) and Encarnación Sánchez y Cien (daughter of Doña Elvira and also a widow) At that time the house was divided by lots, and they decided to put them together, with the approval of the City Hall (license granted on November 20, 1922). In this way the property of the Casona was 50 to 50 for both ladies. On March 27, 1945, the owner Elvira Cil declares that the entire house is leased to Dr. Armando Trelles y Reyes, of close relationship with Manuel F. Trelles, administrator of the Casona in 1942. Encarnación Sánchez y Cil contributed 12 May 1947 half that corresponded to the Civil Society Leasing Lofikini SA property. As since 1942, Elvira had already begun leasing Manuel F. Trelles, and in 1943 the doors of the Trelles school were opened for the first time (data found in the Bohemia magazine of 8/29/1948).
The director of the school was Armando Trelles. The College was private and taught at the Kindergarten, Elementary Elementary, Higher Primary, Baccalaureate and Commerce levels. La Casona operated as Colegio Trelles until 1960, when it was nationalized by the Cuban State and became Guido Fuentes Elementary School, belonging to the Ministry of Education.
Guido Fuentes and Armando Hart were students of the School. La Casona remains as Guido Fuentes E / P approximately until the 1990s, when Guido Fuentes is unified with Ignacio Agramonte. There was a period when La Casona was uninhabited and without defining what it would be one day. Between 2002-2005 the restoration of La Casona was carried out by the Office of the City Historian, Eusebio Leal and in 2006 La Casona began to operate as the Coordinating House of the University for All, as part of the Battle of Ideas. In February 2010, La Casona is delivered to the Office of the Comptroller General of the Republic of Cuba through the agreement No. 6776 of the Council of Ministers dated February 12, 2010 and acts as it until today.